Pooch & Mutt’s founder, Guy Blaskey, has been chosen to present a Masterclass in association with The Guardian on “How to use the internet to develop your business”.
The Masterclass will take place at The Guardian’s head office on October 21st. Places are limited to 30 and cost £99 per person.
The evening offers simple, practical advice on the initial steps for establishing a startup and building a brand, from setting up an online retail website to getting your products into the shops. Topics covered on the evening include:
- Why there are no jobs for life anymore… and why now’s the time to start something of your own
- Product development in the internet age
- Using technology to keep your company lean, and your costs low
- Setting up URLs, website, e-commerce, social media, analytics and more
- Finding and interacting with customers: PPC, SEO, newsletters, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, blogging, videos
- Growing from online to retail: what you need to know – and plan
- An interactive Q&A session to get help with your plans
Guy says, “Taking advantage of the internet is not something exclusive to online business. Even if you don’t plan on selling online there are thousands of ways to use the internet to build your business, from applying for trademarks to contacting journalists on twitter. This Masterclass is designed to give an overview of what has worked for Pooch & Mutt, and what other people can copy.”
For more information and to reserve a place go to: